• April 18, 2024, 06:45:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5222l Digital output function.  (Read 3494 times)

Kelly W

• Level 1 Member
5222l Digital output function.
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »

Hey guys, new to the forum...

I just purchased a 5222L, and have a quick question about using the digital output port.  I hooked up a multimeter to the output line and I am able to switch it on / off manually through the integrated web server.  Next, I tried to switch it on / off through my android phone or the mydlink web site and I cant find an option to do this.  Am I missing something?

My usage case is that I am an engineer and want to have this camera at work observing a cycle test of a mechanical device.  If I (or any other team member) log in and notice something that doesn't look correct, I'd like to use the digital output to drive a small relay that shuts off the test remotely.  Also - as a home user, I might want to use that relay to switch on/off a bedroom light in my cabin, open / close my garage door, etc...

Is there a way to accomplish this?  It appears the only options I have presently are to rely on motion detection or the state of the digital input but neither of those will do what I need...  A simple on/off button would do this, and I'd buy several cameras if the option was available.

Thx,
Kelly