• March 29, 2024, 12:46:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Product Satisfaction  (Read 3719 times)

Lucid

• Level 3 Member
Product Satisfaction
« on: February 09, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »

I bought the 510 to rid myself of many components in my home theatre set-up. For the most part it cleared the clutter of CD's & Videos, not to mention 3 units. However I still find that there are many issues and that the product was prematurely developed. I have been advised that a new product will be released sometime this year to replace the 510. Given that this is the latest and greatest from Dlink at this point I am surprised that updates fixing the current outstanding issues haven't been released (to mention 2 - HDMI black screen upon start up, power down lock ups in which the unit will not turn off) I have definitely had my share of grievances with this product but that is not to say that it is crap. Far from it. My problem is that once this product takes a back seat there will be even less updates in regards to the many issues.

Feature wise I believe that more could be incorporated into it. Especially on the music side of things in which the unit is totally usesless. I manually add one song after another from the 1000's of songs I own. You should be able to cue up songs and do a text search for songs/artists on the fly. The same feature would be good for videos too but definitely not as essential.

In terms of tech support, the forum admins definitely have their hands full and have been very helpful in forwarding my issues to the right people but the support call centre is absolutely useless. I am sure that if there was one component on my network that wasn't Dlink they would blame that for the 510 short comings.

In hope of providing Dlink with essential feedback as to positive or negative aspects of the DSM-510. Does the DSM-510 complete you digital life or do you wish that you would have rather spent the money on sea monkey's?

Cheers!  ;D

C4MP3R

Re: Product Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:28:46 AM »

even though the dsm-510 does what i need it to, there are still issues that need to be addressed.  they aren't major ones, but they do need to be resolved.  so i'm torn between two of your options in the survey.

i would also like to add that the dsm-520 doesn't recommend viiv and with a recent update you can access google video, youtube, and other video sites.  it would be nice to have that ability on the dsm-510 without needing viiv.