• April 24, 2024, 12:00:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 930, 932 and 942 - Which should I buy under these circumstances  (Read 1924 times)

macsrox

• Level 1 Member

I am trying to avoid having to pay the monthly ADT fees and decided to get the IRIS system but I also wanted some form of video security. Right now, I have the Netgear Vuezone but the motion is unreliable. The field of view is also subpar. The system seems more of a play toy than anything else.

Now I am considering getting rid of the Vuezone and go to D-link webcams and I am considering the DCS 930, 932 and 942. I am going to use them in the following way:

1. Will mount inside near the front window and would need to register movement 5-10 feet away. When it gets dark outside, I have a light that illuminates the driveway and front door area. The wattage is 60 watts. Will the 930 work? Will the 932 or 942 work better or more reliably in terms of tracking motion?

2. Will mount another camera inside at the bottom of the stairs in case someone enters the front door or tries to go upstairs. Distance to stairs is about 10-12 feet. I am thinking maybe a 942 there?

3. Will mount another camera near the backdoor and window in case someone enters there. Distance there is about 5-10 feet. I am thinking maybe a 942 there?

My router is the ASUS Dark Knight so, I do not think data transfer rates would become an issue. I might switch to a Time Capsule or Airport Extreme but will more than likely keep the ASUS