• April 16, 2024, 02:09:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Configuring DGS1100-08  (Read 2538 times)

guruatds

• Level 1 Member
Configuring DGS1100-08
« on: January 30, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »

Hello,

Total Newbie to the world of networking.

I am trying to configure DGS1100-08 along with Unify AP AC Pro as an access point. I have a small mini computer an intel i5 with 8gb Ram and 64GB SSD running pfsense.

Right now I have it configured in a manner that the LAN port from pfsense computer to port 1 of DGS 1100-08 and then port 2 of switch to Unifi AP. There is only one SSID defined. And things seem to work well. My IP range is 10.0.1.1 through 10.0.1.255 with the pfsense computer using 10.0.1.1. My AP is assigned 10.0.1.101. I have changed the IP on the Switch to 10.0.1.90 so that I can access it from a browser in my home network. 

What I am wanting to do is to have another SSID defined in the AP which will route traffic via open vpn client. I am familiar about defining the client on the pfsense side. In fact I have created a VLAN on the pfsense side. It is named VLAN2. The IP range defined for this VLAN is 192.168.2.1 through 192.168.2.255.
I have put an hold on configuring open vpn client because I want to make sure I can use the AP and get IP's assigned in the 192.168.x.x range and get to the internet as a first step. Then it is only the configuration of open vpn client. FWIW, the VLAN2 is also defined on the LAN port of the pfsense computer.

Now here is where I am struggling. How to configure the Switch and allow traffic from the default 10.0.1.xxx and 192.168.2.1 network to reach the AP?

The AP allows for 4 different SSID's with each having its own 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios. In the configuration of the AP it is possible to define an SSID and associate it with VLAN. But for some reason I have not had good progress on that front.

I am hoping I have defined my problem clearly. If not please do let me know, I will respond as quick as possible.

Guru