• March 29, 2024, 07:24:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: NAS+FTP makes me lagging on the on-line gaming PS3  (Read 3895 times)

onopeibol

• Level 1 Member
NAS+FTP makes me lagging on the on-line gaming PS3
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:11 AM »

First of all sorry for my English. I hope you guys understand my problem :'(

I have a 655 A3 v. 121 EU.... I use t have a Synology server with ftp and a file server allways activate for my friends to download movies, etc.

The problem is that when I try to play on-line with my ps3 (wired) I have too much lag and is imposible to play well.

I have DCHP activated. And qos service activate for default priority, Im trying to use qos manually and I tried with the IP of the ps3 seted in 1 and the Synology server in 255 but it doesnt makes it work better.

In the Internet log I can see that the priority is well. "1" for the PS3 and "255" for the Synoloy... But in the other hand works like the Synology uploads consume all the bandwidht, maybe the Synology pryority makes the transference begin after but consumes all the bandwidth.

Any solution?? I would like to limit the Synology bandwidth by port or by IP because the qos doesnt work well for me... Is that possible? Any suggestion???

Thanks in advance mates!!!

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
Re: NAS+FTP makes me lagging on the on-line gaming PS3
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:18:17 AM »

NetLimiter can do what you want but I do not think you can set limits with the free version.

alien

• Level 3 Member
Re: NAS+FTP makes me lagging on the on-line gaming PS3
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:55:45 PM »

I see you use an synology NAS System. and you use the ftp. on the same tab when you set the ftp functions you also can set the upload bandwith, have you tried this?
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.