• April 16, 2024, 12:05:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 doesn't recognize network cables after unplugging/plugging back in  (Read 3691 times)

metsmaniac13

• Level 1 Member

Hey guys - i really need some help.   i bought the DIR-655 last fall and have had no issues until last night.  I never udpated the firmware past the factory installed version and never had any issues.

My internet seemed to be going really slow last night so I thought the router might be overloaded (torrent activity, etc) so I unplugged from the back and then immediatley plugged back in.  When I plugged back in none of the network cable lights came back on.  The only LED light that lit up was the power light.  I checked all my connections and everything seems fine.  I can't even access the router set up page. I tried leaving it unplugged over night but still no luck this morning.  Ive tried the reset button but that didn't seem to do anything.  Its definitely not my connection, my PC connects fine when directly plugged into the modem. 

Has anyone else experienced this before?  Is my router bricked?? Please help! 

thanks
Rob

kthaddock

• Level 3 Member

Reset your adsl modem and dir-655 and put them back online again
Unplugg the DC-plugg
ASUS RT-N16  FW: DD-WRT v24 17140-vpn M NEWD-2 K2.6 -kong.
DIR-655 H/W: A3 FW: 1.31EUB02 This FW is working !
Never argue with a burk. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Di-624+ FW: 2.10

metsmaniac13

• Level 1 Member

thanks - tried your suggestion....I first unplugged my modem, then unplugged the router.  Plugged the modem back in, then the router but still nothing but the Power LED on the router.  Any other suggestions? 

rlcronin

Not what you want to hear but it sounds like the switch might be fried.

Ronneske

• Level 2 Member
    • Ron's radio stations (smooth jazz mainly)

to be clear: you did power off the router?

See similar effect sometimes on mine. Disconnect the 12V line and re-apply.

If done and still the router is not starting......

Another attempt might be holding the reset button (back of device near the 12V outlet) for longer time (10secs...).

metsmaniac13

• Level 1 Member

Yes - the problem started when i unplugged the 12v line from the back of the router and immediately plugged it back in attempting to restart it.  Also held down the reset button for an extended period with no result. 

Ronneske

• Level 2 Member
    • Ron's radio stations (smooth jazz mainly)

mmm...that is not good.

did you try the default ip nr for the router 192.168.0.1.

not sure if you changed that in your config, but maybe it has done a factory reset and that is the reason you cannot connect.

metsmaniac13

• Level 1 Member

yea tried that - no luck.  I think its shot.  Very frustrating!