• April 25, 2024, 09:20:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Downloading Video Recording causes loss of communication with camera  (Read 12013 times)

loul

• Level 1 Member

I don't see anyone else reporting this issue, but I can reliably force the camera offline by simply attempting to download a recorded video from the microSD card. The stills for each video are not a problem to view, just the video file.

I'm using IE 9 to remotely access the camera (fixed IP address) through the internet via the router (static IP address). I tried a different router, but same problem, where about 20 - 30 % of the download will complete before the camera goes offline, not to return until it's rebooted.

According to the router status the camera is present in the DCHP and ARP Table, but not being on site I can't tell what functionality the camera may have, if any, in this state.

I would be helpful to know if this is common problem with this camera or just one affecting my setup.

mherbold

• Level 2 Member
Re: Downloading Video Recording causes loss of communication with camera
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »

I do not have this problem.  It seems to me that you've got a defective camera.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »

Maybe the memory card is no where near a class 10.

loul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:23 AM »

Next time I get access to the camera I'll replace the microSD card with one tested for class 10 performance and see if that helps.
The video is currently recording to the card just fine as it plays back okay when I remove the card from the camera, so I would have thought a simple file transfer from the camera should not cause it to lock up and become unresponsive until power cycled.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »

Next time I get access to the camera I'll replace the microSD card with one tested for class 10 performance and see if that helps.
The video is currently recording to the card just fine as it plays back okay when I remove the card from the camera, so I would have thought a simple file transfer from the camera should not cause it to lock up and become unresponsive until power cycled.

$30 @ b&h... works great in my dcs-2230 with recording on and downloading.. I have not tried that specific combo on the 5222l.. so I haven't full verified.

But please let us know what class of memory you are running.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886009-REG/SanDisk_sdsdqui_032g_a11_32GB_microSDHC_Memory_Card.html

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »

I have an 8GB card class4 in mine to record on motion detection.

I do have troubles from my (2008) laptop changing settings on the 5222L with everything wired in Google Chrome.

My desktop (2006) works a lot better with IE8 on win xp.

Anyways, I turned on 24x7 sd recording, and was able to have 4 downloads (2 on laptop, 2 on desktop) + recording 24x7 enabled, and no time outs.

Now c4 on 8gb isn't necessarily the same as on a 32gb c4 from my understanding.

Hopefully, you can provide more information about your network, computer power, etc...

I do get faster downloads on the 2230 with 32gb class 10 than the 5222L with 8gb c4.

loul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »

Thanks for the feedback RYAT3 on your experience.
It will probably be another month before I can access the camera again to check and replace the card. It definitely will not be less than Class 4 as it was previously used successfully in a HD video camera.
My setup is:
1x DCS-5222L (FW 1.01 b1522)
1x DCS-7010L (FW 1.00.05)
1x DCS-930L
    All wired connected to
1x DGS-1008P 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE Switch

1 x DNR-326 Network Video recorder
Billion 7800VDOX ADSL/VoIP/Router
Amberly IP-P3 Remote Power Control (a life saver for when a camera locks up)

All remotely accessed through fast ADSL2+ and 4G connections (but not all at once) by:
4x PCs (Win7 IE10 & Firefox 20, Win8 IE10 & Firefox20, WinXP SP3 IE9)
2x Android v4.04 devices, Tablet and Phone

Any attempt from any PC with any browser to download video from the DCS-5222L locks it up after 20-30% completion making it unresponsive and no longer visible on the network until rebooted. (No such problem with the DCS-7010L, which has a different problem I won't confuse this issue with).

While I have the DNR-326 recordings that I can access, it's a total pain to select and access the video and very slow compared to direct camera access - and useless for live viewing remotely.
I'm basically at the distance limit for the location's ADSL2+ connection with a line speed of 3400/780 kbps, but it's reliable and stable.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

All remotely accessed through fast ADSL2+ and 4G connections (but not all at once) by:
4x PCs (Win7 IE10 & Firefox 20, Win8 IE10 & Firefox20, WinXP SP3 IE9)
2x Android v4.04 devices, Tablet and Phone

Whoa.... that's a pretty extensive setup.  I'm only pulling files locally, wired.  I think I said that.

Anyways, how did you get IE9 on WinXP SP3?  IE8 is the end of the road, right?

Did you say you were recording 24x7 on the 5222L or is this just motion detection?

If you turn on 24x7 video recording, does your download work?

loul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »

Yes, quite right IE8. I recently went from IE9 to IE10 and had mentally incremented IE for XP.
I've turned on 24x7 recording and will see if that makes any diff.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

Yes, quite right IE8. I recently went from IE9 to IE10 and had mentally incremented IE for XP.
I've turned on 24x7 recording and will see if that makes any diff.

;D  Oops, I mean turned off... 

I figure if nothing was writing to the card, to see if you download worked in that case.

I was thinking a 24x7 writing would make it more difficult to download.