• April 16, 2024, 03:18:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Freezing up every few days with firmware 1.20  (Read 13632 times)

Exhaulted1

• Level 1 Member
Freezing up every few days with firmware 1.20
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »

I have to reboot every few days as it just stops passing any traffic in or out. The Web management interface also becomes unreachable. This only started after upgrading to Firmware 1.20. Anyone else having the same?

nrms

• Level 2 Member
Re: Freezing up every few days with firmware 1.20
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »

I have had this problem, or something similar, ever since I bought my DIR-855 last Jan09 with all versions of F/W including the current 1.13EU one.

KMac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:20:59 PM »

I am also experiencing this problem. My entire network goes down every 1-2 days for no apparent reason. When it happens, I cannot reach the router's web interface even with a wired client. The only way to get back up and running is to reboot the router by cutting the power to it.

Any solutions?

Hardware version: A2
Firmware: 1.20NA

Kevin

cdwilli1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »

I upgraded to 1.20NA on Sunday.  The router now goes hard down every day (sometime during the night). 

The router must have its power cycled before it will respond via a wired connection.

Serious bug IMO.  I will be trying to reset to factory default and then will re-enter the settings by hand just in case the old setting file did something wobbly to it.

Will post findings.

cdwilli1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:47 AM »

Reset (via the admin panel) the router to factory default.  Entered my settings by hand.  24 hours later the router had hung.

DLINK tech support suggested using the hardware reset on the router to clear to factory default and then entering the settings by hand.  While I believe this is not different from the admin panel reset I tried that this AM.  Will report on the result.

I think my next test will be: deploying a new router.  But perhaps I am a pessimist.

KMac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »

Will report on the result.

I think my next test will be: deploying a new router.  But perhaps I am a pessimist.

Please post your results as I too am having the same problems after performing a web restore.

dkennedy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »

Just returned mine back to amazon because of this issue. I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware to 1.20 and I suffered the same fate. I only run in 5ghz mode (draft N - no g or b). I need to reboot every other day to get the Internet back.  I even reset back to factory defaults and re-entered all my info and it was no go...by the second day after the reset the router was hung again. I took my old dir655 out of retirement and it's back online until I can find a better router.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:32:50 PM by dkennedy »

KMac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »

I know the purpose of this forum is for individuals to assist others that are having issues but it seems no one has any suggestions for this particular problem. Would it be possible for a moderator to chime in and perhaps give a recommendation, work around or better yet a solution to this issue? Is this simply a known issue or bug that has no fix? And if so, is another update around the corner that will address this problem?

Not being able to access the router's web interface from a wired computer doesn't make sense. I'm still having to power cycle my router every 24-48 hours in order for it to work properly.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

cdwilli1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:04 PM »

So - my final test was based on the support folks from Dlink. 

I did as they suggested and performed a hardware reset - of course I had already done this at least once, but felt obliged to follow the exact steps.

The result was as expected: the router hung within 24 hours.

My solution: Linksys WRT610N

I do not think this is a better router.  It is a lot harder to set up (Linksys and Uverse: 192.168.1.X hate each other - had to reset the Linksys to 192.168.0.1 and all was pretty much well).  Then had to fight all the other routers behind the dlink that had been at 192.168.1.x - but after one day of work the linksys has performed flawlessly if a little slow.

I believe the dlink 855 is a superior router technologically but it does not matter if it simply does not work.

Dlink tech support: you need to investigate this. If you want my router as a test bed, let me know.  I am not using it anymore.

Pannus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

I am having the same problem as well. Router needs powered on/off daily.

dan_j

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »

I have exactly this same problem, but not only me, my friend has dir-855 too, with this same defect. Some one from tech-support should reply on that post??

dialsoft

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »

Had there been any resolution on this?  I paid alot for this router thinking it would be good for Optimum Ultra simply cause it was the most expensive one I could buy that was consumer grade.

This problem is really far reaching. its not just a few people.

Does DLink moderate these forums?

nicceg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:54 AM »

I have been following this debate, I don't think there is a resolution. To my understanding this is not an official channel to DLink and everybody should call up DLink and complain. That is probably the only sure way to make something happen.

nicceg

arod

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »

Please try the recently posted beta code

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6678.0

MrC

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh - how about posting the release notes in the locked thread:

DIR-855 Firmware Release Notes
=========================================

Firmware: 1.21b04NA
Date: 07/22/09

1. Fix PPPoE pass through problem.
2. Fix Shareport disconnect report, response packet report "NG" issue.
3. Fix Using wireless client to configure Access Control rules,cause DUT reboot.
4. Fix upnp bug. The upnp port will be closed for a short time.
5. Default disable CAPTCHA
6. Fixed QRS issue, can't set up wireless setting.
7. Fixed Router DHCP IP range would be set 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254 after running QRS.
8. Fixed WINS Server field can not be cleared by "Del" or "Back Space" key in UI Basic/Network.
9. Fixed WPS UI Show Error warning message.
  Step 1 : Restore factory default
  Step 2 : Disable WPS
  Step 3 : Enable Guest Zone
  Step 4 : Enable Security mode , seting WEP Shared Key
  Step 5 : Enable WPS
  Step 6 : Disable Security Mode (Security mode : None)
  result:It will show Error warning message.
10. Fix WEBUI "Firmware" page error.
  Step 1 : Enable Remote Management in ADMIN page, and save settings
  Step 2 : Then click "reboot later" button
  Step 3 : Enable/Disable "Firmware Upgrade Notification Options" functoins, and save settings.
  Step 4 : Then click "reboot later" button
  result: Can't reboot later, and appear "Error on page" message.
11. Fix win server IP address can be set 0.0.0.0 at P node type.
12. Fix Enable 5G Security mode , set WEP Key wrong character, then will pop wrong message "invalid wep key2,3,4". 
13. Fix potential security leak with CAPTCHA.
14. Fix potential security leak with CAPTCHA.
15. Fix USB LED issue about Shareport.
16. Fix When DCC set dns = 0.0.0.0,router don't force setting dns ip.
17. Fix Shareport HP932C with Wins 7 issue
Pages: [1] 2