• May 09, 2024, 12:10:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Lost Visibility to My Files and Folders on My DNS323 When Streaming  (Read 5521 times)

kc679

• Level 1 Member

Im truly stumped with an issue on my DNS323 so I am posting for help. Sorry if this question had been raised before or if I come off as a complete noob. I did search and could not find a similar issue.

My Setup.

I have had a DNS323 for quite some time. It had been used 100% to support my sonos system and backup files. I never even tried to stream to my PS3. Recently I had a Samsung SMART TV, a Yamaha RX-V671 Receiver, and of course my PS3, so I updated the firmware to the latest (1.1 I believe) and enabled the UPnP server.

This worked like a charm. I could see all my pics and videos on my Samsung and ps3, and music through the receiver (as well as tv and ps3)

Then I realized after a month that no new files were showing up. I looked around for how to refresh and really could not find a lot of good info, so I logged into the web client for the DNS 323 and found the manual refresh. After a very long time, it finished. Now all of a sudden, no files show up on any device. I can see the DLINK DNS323, but there are no files and no folders showing up.

I have tried the basic Noob tech support. I rebooted everything, disabled and re-enabled the sharing and still no luck. I looked for help relative to the DNS and was told to try restructuring my files. I knew this was not the issue since it worked before, but I still did it. Made a "multimedia" folder and then a music, pictures and movies folder. I also changed the UPnP settings from "Root" to the new "multimedia" folder.

I still have zero luck. Can see the NAS on my devices, but cannot see files or folders. I know its not any device, because they all act the same way in what they show and see.

I am completely at a loss now. I'm hoping this is a quick fix and someone can point me in the right direction. Besides getting access once again to my files, what is the normal process to updating for new files placed on my DNS323?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Lost Visibility to My Files and Folders on My DNS323 When Streaming
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

The media player is notoriously buggy. Try a small directory with a handful of files.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

kc679

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:02:17 PM »

I'm assuming you mean map to a single folder with a few files.  Ill try that, worked perfectly before which is what is truly puzzling to me

kc679

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »

The media player is notoriously buggy. Try a small directory with a handful of files.

Worked like a charm.  I put 2 videos, 3 albums and a few pics in a new folder. 

So the big question is, how do I get all of my media working again?

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »

Since there is no further development from DLink on this platform, and that particular addon is the worst in terms of memory management.......
- Either catalog fewer files
or
- Consider running a 3rd party offering (via FFP) that has development/support. Google "DNS323 FFP Twonky" for an appropriate forum on the subject.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:00:51 PM by dosborne »
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

kc679

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 05:54:26 AM »

Thanks.  will probably get rid of my music, as with the sonos that is completely redundant and see what happens.  Ive heard about Twonky before, I can try that to, always seemed a bit confusing to me to deploy that.

Initially I saw everything, it was the refresh that killed it so it makes sense