• April 18, 2024, 09:02:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 192.168.0.1 only has firmware update box, no login  (Read 11730 times)

canadianna

• Level 1 Member
192.168.0.1 only has firmware update box, no login
« on: September 14, 2010, 03:27:34 PM »

I have been having problems with the router and so I reset it - I held the reset button for 10+ seconds with a paper clip. Since then, I can only access http://192.168.0.1 if I specifically set my IP address, gateway, etc, DHCP doesn't work and it only shows the following on screen, no log in:

Firmware Upgrade
File Path

NOTICE !!
If you upload the binary file to the wrong TARGET, the router may not work properly or even could not boot-up again.

I tried putting the latest firmware file (wbr2310_revA_firmware_105.bin) in the filepath and it seemed to upload but never did anything. Please help, I would like to get my router back online!

Thanks!

canadianna

• Level 1 Member
Re: 192.168.0.1 only has firmware update box, no login
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »

I talked to support on the phone and they walked me through putting in firmware update 1.04 and that worked. At least I can log in now, not sure if everything works, but I am getting on the Internet.
(FYI for anyone else experiencing this)

ssi

Re: 192.168.0.1 only has firmware update box, no login
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »

I talked to support on the phone and they walked me through putting in firmware update 1.04 and that worked. At least I can log in now, not sure if everything works, but I am getting on the Internet.
(FYI for anyone else experiencing this)
I have the same problem -- Could you post instructions how you upgraded the firmware? I can't get mine to go using thw naive mthod of selecting the bin file and hitting send.
Thanks