• March 18, 2024, 11:07:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5020L Bad IR Cut Filter?  (Read 3442 times)

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
5020L Bad IR Cut Filter?
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »

My 5020L has always operated a night in a room where there is a light on. Tonight I turned the light off thinking I could see night vision but the view is pitch black. Tried setting it to auto, day and night modes etc. Tried tapping it on the side. Tried going into MyDLINK advanced  on PC where I set day night mode to MANUAL then toggled on and off night mode. All of these attempts were unsuccessful. Should I conclude only disassembly would fix it. When I toggle modes (Day Night and Auto) I do hear a faint click. The IR lights definitely come on when switching to night mode and they also adjust to day or night when setting it on auto but again the IR cut filter only makes a faint click and nothing happens. Its not as loud as what you would hear from a properly functioning 5 series cam.

What do do next? I doubt resetting the cam would help as it seems to be a physical hardware issue inside the camera. Is there anyway to fix this?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:20:46 AM by BAMoh »
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: 5020L Bad IR Cut Filter?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »

There might be a post here related to fixing something like that, but I can't remember for sure..

You probably should either 1) use it as a supplemental IR for another camera, or 2) use it as a day only extra camera.

3) Or maybe somehow glue it so it is always open and in night mode?

BAMoh

• Level 3 Member
Re: 5020L Bad IR Cut Filter?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »

Yes I saw a post about someone describing how to fix a stuck IR cut filter in a 9 series cam. I also saw a teardown of a 5 series cam on YouTube. It was way too complicated. If I tried it, I probably wouldn't be able to put it back together. I redeployed the cam to day use only.
"That's laughable...."  Impress me. Need COMPETENT help.