• April 23, 2024, 02:51:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IGMP traffic  (Read 3511 times)

Remt

• Level 1 Member
IGMP traffic
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:01:01 AM »

I've been looking around for hours now, but can't seem to find any reference to this problem.

From the day I first started using it, there has been a lot of IGMP traffic on my LAN. From what I gathered from googling, IGMP is used to find out where to lead UDP multicast traffic if there is any. To me it almost looks like my router and DNS-323 are fighting over who has control. If I remember correctly, the device with the lowest IP address should be winning this fight.

Letting the 323 have the lower address would be the obvious course of action, but the address of my router is fixed to the lowest in the range (...). I can't find any IGMP related settings on my router, either.

I have disabled itunes server, AV server etc. Also tried to reset to factory settings. No result.

I have firmware 1.06. I have been thinking about downgrading to 1.05, which it was shipped with. I don't exactly remember, but I at least didn't notice the problem until after I upgraded. Is it safe to downgrade from 1.06 to 1.05?

Other than this, the unit works well, but all the IGMP broadcasting drains batteries of my mobile devices. I also don't really like the constant wifi broadcasting that is going on with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.