• March 29, 2024, 01:37:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: the unit will turn on the of  (Read 7178 times)

sparky28

the unit will turn on the of
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »

Hi there am having problems with the unit turning on and of everything was working fine with the unit then when i try to turn the unit on it comes on for 5 seconds  then turns of have you any ideas i have it linked up with a wirless connection and i have not upgraded any firmware or done any thing to  the settings  :)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: the unit will turn on the of
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:27:51 AM »

Are you using HDMI? If so do you have this problem using composite video output?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »

Very interesting. About one week ago - for absolutely no reason (unit was working fine for 5 months and I did nto change anything) I started getting exactly same behaviour. It would turn off after 5 seconds even without any cables attached, just the power.
After spending an hour on the phone with various levels of tech support, I got RMA  :( They did not seem to be familiar with this problem. Some kind of time bomb bug in firmware? I was running 1.08.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

Yeah it looks like you will need a new unit. Please contact technical support Via telephone for an RMA for this issue.

sardanalap

Does your replacement unit work as it should now? It was a defective unit?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »

can't be a defective unit ,...I've been having same issue just recently......my unit will freeze up and no control on the remote will work. So I have to unplug it manually from the powercord and then sometimes the unit will not turn on.......
These 510's are junk and there has been NO firmware upgrade since when??? Last MARCH???

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

My replacement Unit arrived very quickly and works fine

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »

Unfortunaetly the same issue (the unit will turn on and quickly shut  itself down) just came back.
Dlink.ca says that DSM-510 is no longer supported starting today. Coincidence?

DSM-User-MW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »

Cross borders to get the support...just kiddin... it seems that firmware 1.08 still has issues with losing wireless connection (after the play or randomly or totally dead with zero servers, needing restart instead of refreshing servers)...any support on that?