• April 19, 2024, 07:03:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to share dcs-930L camera?  (Read 12302 times)

hayleyryczek

• Level 1 Member
How to share dcs-930L camera?
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:19:59 AM »

I would like to share my live video from my dcs-930L camera but don't want to give out my password that would allow people to change settings..
I could post the live video on my webpage too, but I don't know how..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

three_jeeps

• Level 2 Member
Re: How to share dcs-930L camera?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:18 AM »

First of all, you don't have to give out *your* personal password. NEVER give out and admin password for the camera.  Check towards the back of the real dcs-930l manual for how to set up user accounts.  You can set up one account so all 'outside' ppl can use or, create accounts for each person you want to have access to the cam.  This approach also will allow you to see who is logged into your camera at any time.

The manual is your friend....

acam

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to share dcs-930L camera?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »

Yes, can someone show me how to allow guest users to view my cam but not change my configurations.
The configuration page allows me to create my guest users list along with their password, but when I signed in at mydlink.com there is no provision for such guests to sign in, except me, the Administrator of the camera.

Would appreciate any help from owners of the DCS930L camera or any other model that use the same interface config setup as 930.

Thank you.