• April 23, 2024, 05:13:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: logging into shared folders  (Read 3239 times)

djstrobe4real

• Level 1 Member
logging into shared folders
« on: April 09, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »

hey im having issues with pcs and having to log in each time i restart my pc or log off, although this isnt the hardest thing to do its quite frustrating!

ok heres a picture of my setup at home--->

I have 4 laptops, 3 on W7 and one on Vista. I have configured all the laptops to run a batch file to map the drives automagically when switched on - this works very well. Now heres where it gets complicated on two of the laptops there are single users with the appropriate drives mapped. The other 2 have 3 users on them so the kids can just use any laptop to do their homework etc, no possesion or ownership that way! aaaanyways this is where it seems to kick up a fuss as if user 1 logs in they can access the drives fine. but if user 2 logs in they have to log in aswell. I know this isnt a huge issue i just wish it would remember the credentials!!!

Also i have noticed that the mapped drives lock up periodically, is this normal? how has everyone else set up their drives for multiple computers, perhaps ive done it wrong?

djstrobe4real

• Level 1 Member
Re: logging into shared folders
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 03:13:13 AM »

Update: Right, it seems that question was poorly constructed. My biggest issue I am having is that when logging onto windows ii get an error message saying that it wasn't possible to reconnect mapped drives. Is this normal? It doesn't auto reconnect like it did with say a mapped networked computer drive.

Carlpea

• Level 1 Member
Re: logging into shared folders
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:45:49 PM »

You need to going into Credential Manager (Search for it if you can't find it in Control Panel) and add the login for the NAS.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:47:25 PM by Carlpea »