• March 28, 2024, 01:21:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Other apps to play back / export recorded video?  (Read 3411 times)

joustr

• Level 1 Member
Other apps to play back / export recorded video?
« on: December 09, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »

Are there any other applications that can be used to review video recorded by the DNR-202L? I'm on a mac, so I can't export videos from it at all, and the web interface of the DNR-202L is extremely frustrating and a horrible user experience.

I can't really figure out how the process is really supposed to work in order to even play back recorded video. Here's what I've got so far:
1. Click on 'Play back' at the top of the screen.
2. Dates with recorded video will be red in the calendar. Click on a date, and a list of 'events' will populate below that. (But, there is no other feedback that indicates dates are even clickable, or that the click actually did something)
3. Click on an event in the events list (or double click, I can't figure out which you're supposed to do), but I get inconsistent results either way. Most of the time, nothing happens at all, the row doesn't even highlight. Sometimes, the row highlights blue, and the video starts playing. Sometimes, a pop-up window opens with some options on it that make very little sense and are just as unresponsive as the events list.

I'm never sure if something is just taking a while to load, or if it didn't work at all. But generally, when it does work, it works sluggishly. Also, it defaults to the 4-camera view. I only have one camera, so I set it to the 1-camera view. But, if I seem to do anything else, switch to a different day or a different event, it automatically switches back to 4-camera view, which is extremely frustrating.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Other apps to play back / export recorded video?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »

When you bring up the playback dates, use the mouse and click and then drag the amount of time you want to view. Then let go of mouse button.

It will be a different color.

I know of no way to stay in single view mode.  It's just the way it works.  Anyways,  it sounds like time to get more cameras.   ;D

I also haven't heard of anything else that can do playback.

What year/model is your mac? It could be to slow for HD video?  What dlink camera are you using?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Other apps to play back / export recorded video?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »

What FW is currently loaded on the DNR?
What browser are you using?

Are there any other applications that can be used to review video recorded by the DNR-202L? I'm on a mac, so I can't export videos from it at all, and the web interface of the DNR-202L is extremely frustrating and a horrible user experience.

I can't really figure out how the process is really supposed to work in order to even play back recorded video. Here's what I've got so far:
1. Click on 'Play back' at the top of the screen.
2. Dates with recorded video will be red in the calendar. Click on a date, and a list of 'events' will populate below that. (But, there is no other feedback that indicates dates are even clickable, or that the click actually did something)
3. Click on an event in the events list (or double click, I can't figure out which you're supposed to do), but I get inconsistent results either way. Most of the time, nothing happens at all, the row doesn't even highlight. Sometimes, the row highlights blue, and the video starts playing. Sometimes, a pop-up window opens with some options on it that make very little sense and are just as unresponsive as the events list.

I'm never sure if something is just taking a while to load, or if it didn't work at all. But generally, when it does work, it works sluggishly. Also, it defaults to the 4-camera view. I only have one camera, so I set it to the 1-camera view. But, if I seem to do anything else, switch to a different day or a different event, it automatically switches back to 4-camera view, which is extremely frustrating.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.