• March 29, 2024, 04:06:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Upgrading firmware  (Read 3914 times)

briwillis

• Level 1 Member
Upgrading firmware
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:50:08 AM »

Hello,

I have a WBR-1310 running firmware 1.01.  I noticed on the support page for the 1310 that there is no firmware upgrade 1.02, but there is 1.03 and 1.04.  Can I upgrade the firmware straight to 1.04 or need I need to upgrade successively?  Thanks for the help.

Brian

PS I'm prompted to upgrade the firmware because the router is dying several times a day for no reason.  I used this router as a WiFi point in a business my wife and I had with no problems.  However, we were running the signal unencrypted, now I'm running WPA.  Both WAN connections were with Comcast only slight difference is one was "business" and the other is "residential." Any thoughts?

ciris

• Level 2 Member
Re: Upgrading firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Im sure you probably did already but you could upgrade straight to 1.04 without issue no need to upgrade it successively. Well, when now that you're running an encrypted wireless connection that would probably add some load to the cpu of the router. Not sure if it would be so much to the point of the router dying on you. Hopefully the router is in a spot where its ventilated, thats all I can think of.
WNR3500_v2 w/dd-wrt mini v24 sp2
WNR350N_v1 (on the way)
WNR300N_v1.1 (bricked on the way for some jtag love)
WRT54G-TM w/dd-wrt big v24 sp2
SB5101 x2 w/Haxorware 1.1 rev39 diag