• March 29, 2024, 04:34:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Yet Another… Can’t Map Drive  (Read 3833 times)

• Level 1 Member
Yet Another… Can’t Map Drive
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:41:21 PM »

I’ve run my DNS-323 for a year now without any problems.  I am running Windows 7 and firmware 1.07.  I’ve got 2 Popcorn Hour A-110’s that CAN access the DNS’s content.  I used to have a drive mapped in Windows 7.  Since last night, I can still access the content via Popcorn, I can see the DNS in the Easy Connect utility, I can connect to the DNS via the “Configure” option in the Easy Connect Utility but all of a sudden I cannot connect to the DNS to see the content from my Windows machine.  I’ve gone through the Wiki and the forums and tried most of the tricks related to the Windows XP and Vista problems but nothing works.  I’ve unplugged the DNS, rebooted my Windows machine, restarted the DNS, restarted my router and still nothing.  I cannot manually map the drive either.

I consider myself computer savvy and roll my eyes when anyone says “it used to work and now it doesn’t and I didn’t change anything” but that seems to be the case for me.  I’ve got all of my children’s photos and videos on the DNS and all the family is here for Christmas and I can’t access anything.  Like I said, extremely frustrating.

My last try was to reset to the factory settings.  Again, no change.  I can ping the device and recieve confirmations.  When I try a "net view" or "net use" command with the same IP address I could ping, I get a "Network path not found" error.  I can see the DLink listed in my Network view but when I try and click on it, it says Windows cannot access the drive.  ???

krenkey

• Level 2 Member
Re: Yet Another… Can’t Map Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »

Did U try accessing \\ip address from the "run" command

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »

I can ping the IP address and get positive replies.  It says "Windows cannot access 192.168......" when I type the IP in from a run command.

Johnny05120

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:41:06 AM »

I think this is an update issue....... Y i say that is i reformated my hard drives and it was working fine by the time i had got all the updates from Windows update once again i have been having the same problem again

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »

Can you access the DNS-323 from the web interface?  What does it's status say?
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »

Gunrunner: Yes, I can access the DNS from the web interface and I can ping the IP address.  In the web interface, the status screen reads as I think I would expect it.  It lists my IP address, DNS, gateway etc.  I don't have anything in my print queue.  It lists my two hard drives correctly and shows that I have them in a completed RAID 1 array.

For trouble shooting I've: turned off Windows firewall and Windows Forefront security; the only firewall and security programs I have.  I've looked at the Windows update history and the only thing in there for the last several days is updates to Forefront Security.