• March 28, 2024, 06:08:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Oddities after firmware upgrade  (Read 2839 times)

synacktic

• Level 1 Member
Oddities after firmware upgrade
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »

Hi,

I have a D-Link 5020L that had been happily serving up images of my sump pump and machine room.  I didn't use the PTZ features often and like others had issues with a firmware update that happened to break that functionality.  I saw a newer firmware was available and flashed it as it was supposed to fix my issue.  Here's where things got odd.

After the flash the camera booted normally but now instead of having the static IP assigned to it, it had that and the IP of another host on the network.  First thought was I was going mad but after eliminating that I started troubleshooting.  I did the usual reset, unplugged the camera for awhile, reflashed over a wired connection, re-downloaded the firmware, reset the camera a few times and tried to set it up cleanly.  Regardless of the action I take, the camera always ARPs it's MAC address with whatever IP it's been assigned AND another IP.

For example, after I reset it, it should have had 192.168.0.20.  I can confirm that it had that address easily.  If I change my IP to be something in the other subnet, lo and behold it's alive on that subnet as well, with an entirely different IP.  This happens wired and wirelessly.  I'm guessing that something has become munged in the config and I would ideally like to clear that out so I can use the bloody thing again.  I've also noticed that even after a factory reset it still maintains my wireless SSID and in a couple cases it retained the PSK as well.  Is there some kind of deeper reset for these cameras similar to the tftp method you find with other devices?  My searching hasn't turned up anything useful at this point.

Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Oddities after firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:13:08 AM »

Try setting the camera to DHCP and reserve an IP address through your router.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 05:30:31 AM »

Do you have an update on this issue?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

synacktic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:40:54 AM »

I have tried DHCP, static assignment to the same and different IPs, DHCP with a reservation and even using the APIPA addressing. I get the same result.  Every time the camera gets a unique IP AND is responds on the same MAC to the other IP as well.