• March 28, 2024, 11:33:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DPH-50U keeps shutting down  (Read 7496 times)

jandk2299

• Level 1 Member
DPH-50U keeps shutting down
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:34:49 AM »

Just purchased the DPH-50U last week and noticed that after I am on a call I get an error message that the unit needs to shut down. It does not happen after every call but it happens several times as day. I then have to re-boot my computer or I cannot make or receive any calls. I have tried the driver that came with the unit as well as the current driver from this site but it has not resulted in any changes. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: DPH-50U keeps shutting down
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »

You may have a defective unit assuming that there isn't any conflicts with other devices or applications on your PC. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it again?

ukiri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »

Mine keeps doing this as well. Please can someone at D-link look into this?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »

The best way to ascertain that the unit is defective is by installing it on a second computer. If you experience the same issue, then the unit is defective. Otherwise, you will focus on the problem PC for anything that may cause the unit to shut down.

brotherpeter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:22:38 AM »

I have the same issue.  After an inconsistent period of time while talking on my handset the call drops.  I can call back immediately.  This does not seem to be a hardware issue.  If it were a defective unit why would it work at all.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 08:57:58 AM »

Your issue is different from the previous user; he gets an error and you get disconnected. Those are two different issues and should be looked into and treated as different.

brotherpeter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »

Hey Folks,

I just received my second defective unit for this "rare" issue.  If your DPH-50U suddenly drops a call after some random time (I've not made it past 20 minutes) and you are told by the engineer in this forum and by customer service that you have a "defective unit" don't bother returning it and getting a replacement.

Return it, get your money back and go buy another brand. 

These "engineers" seem to be more interested in making excuses than solving problems.  I'm no novice to technical problems - did everything they asked - upgraded drivers - multiple workstation installations.  Two defective units in a row = poor quality control.

D-Link Customer Support's advice - return the second unit for a third....  no chance, wasted enough of my life on D-Link products.

Good luck,

Peter