• April 19, 2024, 10:22:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: S.M.A.R.T. of the DNS-323 drives  (Read 3836 times)

p23185

• Level 2 Member
S.M.A.R.T. of the DNS-323 drives
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »

Does anyone know how I can access the details of the two drives in my DNS-323?  It is unreachable by all the free SMART apps I have downloaded, and I thought there would be a test or scan that the DNS-323 (fw 1.09) would show but I cannot find it.  The closest I can come is the "Tools", "Disk Tools", "This section allows you to perform a health test on your hard drives." which sounds more like a scandisk command than a readout of SMART.

Any ideas if I can see it inside the DNS-323 application or if you know of a SMART analyzer that I can access a NAS with??

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: S.M.A.R.T. of the DNS-323 drives
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »

If you install FFP (an unsupported third party app) then there is a S.M.A.R.T. module that gives you access to all the information.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: S.M.A.R.T. of the DNS-323 drives
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:36:24 AM »

Because the DNS-323 is a NAS, utilities on your PC cannot talk directly to the disks (they are limited by the services that the NAS runs), so none of those utilities will work - you'll have to hack the OS on the NAS itself to perform those tasks, and that is beyond the scope of this forum.

There are other forums that can assist in this regard - Google will help you find them.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.