• March 19, 2024, 02:32:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS ShareCenter - Use My Surveillance & Surveillance Center with New Cameras  (Read 32816 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

The current version of the My Surveillance  (DNS-327L, DNS-320L) and Surveillance Center (DNS-325, DNS-345) add-ons do not natively support many of the newer D-Link Cloud cameras. This FAQ entry provides a workaround to provide support for newer D-Link Cloud cameras. This procedure should only be used if your D-Link camera is not natively recognized by the My Surveillance or Surveillance Center add-ons. This workaround will provide access to the live camera feed, but advanced functionality such as PTZ controls for pan/tilt cameras and other related functionality will not work through the add-on application.

Procedure - DNS-327L

• Log into the DNS-327L web UI and navigate to Home > My Folder > My Surveillance. If you are opening My Surveillance for the first time, right click on the My Surveillance icon and select Enable.
    • Launch My Surveillance
    • Press the Setup Button (Gear Icon) and select Camera Setup
    • If the Wizard is unable to locate/identify a D-Link network camera on the LAN, then manually create a camera entry using the values described in the remaining steps of this procedure
    • Set Vendor field to D-Link
    • Set Camera Model field to DCS-930
    • Set Name field to the desired name for your camera (e.g. "DCS--5020L" or "Nursery 1")
    • Set Address field to the IP address of the camera (e.g. 192.168.0.5)
    • Set Username field to the account stored on the new camera (e.g. "admin")
    • Set Password field to the password associated with the account name

Procedure - DNS-325/345

• The Surveillance Center add-on is not natively installed on the DNS-325/345. If the add-on was never installed on the ShareCenter, download the add-on to a local PC; log into the ShareCenter web UI, and navigate to Management > Application Management > Add Ons > Choose File to install the application
    • Navigate to Applications. If Surveillance Center is listed under Disabled Add Ons, then right click on the Surveillance Center icon and select Enable
    • Launch Surveillance Center
    • Press the Setup optoin and select Camera Setup
    • If the Wizard is unable to locate/identify a D-Link network camera on the LAN, then manually create a camera entry using the values described in the remaining steps of this procedure
    • Set Vendor field to D-Link
    • Set Camera Model field to DCS-930
    • Set Name field to the desired name for your camera (e.g. "DCS--5020L" or "Nursery 1")
    • Set Address field to the IP address of the camera (e.g. 192.168.0.5)
    • Set Username field to the account stored on the new camera (e.g. "admin")
    • Set Password field to the password associated with the account name

Notes

• Some advanced functionality such as PTZ control for pan/tilt cameras will not work using this workaround
    • Only selecting the DCS-930 seems to universally accept newer D-Link Cloud camera models
    • The username/password combination stored for each camera refer to the account information already stored in the D-Link network camera firmware web UI (i.e. admin account or user accounts created in the camera)
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:17:17 AM by JavaLawyer »
    Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
    There's no such thing as too many backups FFC