• March 19, 2024, 04:17:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS ShareCenter - What is My ShareCenter IP Address?  (Read 32906 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS ShareCenter - What is My ShareCenter IP Address?
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »

One of the first steps required to properly troubleshoot a networked device (e.g. networked Camera, NAS) is to determine the device IP address. Every device on your network will have a unique IP address, which is typically assigned by your router. The IP address is used to uniquely identify and access the networked device. The following procedure describes how to locate an IP address.

Identifying Your Router IP Address

• Using a PC on the same LAN (i.e. same network) as your router, press Start menu on the bottom left corner on your PC, type cmd in the search field and press Enter
  • A new (black) window will open.
  • Type ipconfig in the new window and press enter
  • Make note of the entry that looks something like this Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
  • In this example, 192.168.0.1 is the router IP address

• Using a PC on the same LAN as your router, open a web browser and enter the router IP address
  • Enter the router username and password
  • Locate the connected device table
    • D-Link Router: Navigate to the STATUS > DEVICE INFO > LAN COMPUTERS. This table will list the IP address and name (if available) for all devices currently connected to the router
    • Other Brand Router: Navigate to the connected device table through trial and error or using the router user manual for support
  • If the IP address of the networked device you are looking for is clearly labeled, then take note of the IP address
  • If the IP address is not clearly labeled, then take note of all of the listed IP addresses. If the IP address is not clearly identifiable, then try typing each IP address in a new browser window/tab until the proper IP address is identified

Accessing the Network Device Using a Web Browser

• Using a PC on the same LAN as your networked device, open a web browser and enter the device IP address
  • Enter the device username and password. If this is a D-Link device that was never configured, the username/password combination are typically: username: admin, password: [blank]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:32:01 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC