• April 18, 2024, 11:54:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router SSID changed. Remote update through Teamviewer?.x  (Read 1751 times)

johnjtraynor

• Level 1 Member
Router SSID changed. Remote update through Teamviewer?.x
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:12:22 AM »

I think I know the answer but will appreciate any guidance.

I am in New York. My (alzheimers) Mother in law is in an apartment in New Orleans with some live in assistance. None of them are technically proficient or physically capable.  

Several years ago I wall-mounted two cameras a 930L and a 932L and wirelessly networked them so that we could check in on her every morning through dlink software.  I also installed access to her computer through Teamviewer so I can access and control locally. Her computer is Windows 7.  

This week her ATT supplied modem died. ATT came out, replaced the modem and connected her computer wirelessly.  Needless to say, the ATT Tech did not reconfigure the dlinks.

I can access her computer, and through her computer, the router log-on screen. However, I cannot think of a way to reconnect the cams to the new router.

Does anyone see a way for me to do this?  I suspect I will need to get someone stronger in to connect the cams with 25 foot ethernet cables before I can access them.  If I can get someone to connect the cables, can I update the ssid and password in the cams from the html setup screen without having the helper find the dlink cds?

Incidentally I just updated Java on her PC from 6.x to 7.x   If this is a problem-to-be, I would value your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

John
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:17:03 AM by johnjtraynor »

johnjtraynor

• Level 1 Member
Re: Router SSID changed. Remote update through Teamviewer?.x
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:57:50 AM »

Bump? Anyone? Buehler?