• March 28, 2024, 03:53:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: sype can't communicate with d-link utility  (Read 5495 times)

amatee

• Level 1 Member
sype can't communicate with d-link utility
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »

I know the README from D-link says I might have to restart skype for the recognition/allowance to occur, but that doesn't work.  On the other hand Skype does hear the DPH-50U, it just says it can't communicate with it, and to restart it! 

I've done both, to no avail.  BTW, I'm using Windows 7, but the answer would almost definately match the answer for Vista, if there is one.

Also, the DPH-50U utiltiy is in the list of managed APIs, and is set to allowed.  I tried disallowing and then reallowing, but no luck.  The Skype version is the newest.

I had to back up the D-link drivers to the originals (v1.01), because before that the utility status showed as 'DPH-50U disconnected".  Now at least the DPH-50U shows it's connected, but as I mentioned, says Skype is disconnected.  The signed MS? drivers wouldn't find the device at all. 

Thinking in very advanced terms, could there be an edit fo the .inf files that would work only for 7, like audio driver hacks I've read about?

Has anybody run into this, in any versions of windows?

Thanks.

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: sype can't communicate with d-link utility
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:33:27 PM »

This device is basically a USB sound card to windows, so if audio drivers have needed hacks this might too.  I wouldn't know, I don't use it and I don't know if it has been Windows 7 tested.
non progredi est regredi

amatee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »

Fatman, thanks for the reply.  This particular computer has never needed hacks in the sound drivers.  It does have two sound cards installed, but one is disabled.  I kept it in originally because my other card didn't work with the other OS (on a seperate HDD), but it's replacement, my third card probably does work with XP. 7 has a quirk of disconnecting hardware on a seperate OS if it doesn't like it, at least so far.  I hate to think of the work if the other OS stops working with this second extra audio card. Like I said above, I did need to force the original unsigned drivers on for DPH-50U to know it was connected in both the 'Sound,..." and 'VOIP' driver categories.  That makes me half-way there I guess.

As of yesterday it hadn't been 7 tested.

makays

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but:

I first installed the D-link drivers yesterday.  I had the USB plugged, temporarily, into the front of the computer and it worked fine.  Then, when I tried to plug it into a rear USB port, it said I had new hardware.  I ignored that, but it didn't work.  Then, I unplugged & replugged the USB and when the message came up saying it needed to install the software, I just followed the instructions, just like the first time, then it worked on that USB port.

amatee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 12:16:19 PM »

makays,

Thanks.  The newer version of Skype has solved the problem, together with making sure the drivers aren't updated over the internet.