• April 25, 2024, 07:24:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link DIR-655 & Web Filtering quirk, solved.  (Read 12927 times)

aln688

• Level 1 Member
D-Link DIR-655 & Web Filtering quirk, solved.
« on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »

Recently I posted a message reporting a problem on my D-Link DIR-655, Hardware A3, Firmware 1.31 router and Web Filtering not working. I setup a Policy under "ACCESS CONTROL" (under the ADVANCED menu) using the following settings:

Schedule: Always
Machine: Other Machines
Method: Block Some Access
Apply Web Filter: Yes (Checked)
Apply Advanced Port Filters: Yes (Checked)
Add Port Filter Rules: None
Web Access Logging: Enabled

The result of this being web access was not being logged and web-sites that I listed under the "WEBSITE FILTER" (under the ADVANCED menu) menu were being allowed, as opposed to being blocked. Also the setting in the "WEBSITE FILTER" section was set to "DENY computers access to ONLY these sites".

Well after playing around with the settings, I found the solution, or should I say, the BUG. The Web-site filtering will FAIL if under the SECURESPOT menu (again, under the ADVANCED menu) you have the "Enable securespot™ services" option checked. If you uncheck this option, Web-site filtering works fine. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but this option for me was enabled after flashing with the new 1.31 firmware. I never thought to change it as I didn't know what it was.

I hope this helps anyone else who may have this problem.

FYI, Secure Spot has been removed in the lastest FW version and is no longer supported.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:57:06 AM by FurryNutz »

Toilet-Duck

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-Link DIR-655 & Web Filtering quirk, solved.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

I would think its meant to do it, securespot has its own web filtering option and if they both were enabled, they would conflict with each other..

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
Re: D-Link DIR-655 & Web Filtering quirk REOPENED
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 03:34:21 AM »

I have experienced this exact issue with H/W rev A4 F/W 1.33NA.

The difference is that SecureSpot has been disabled on my router and is the reason that I am attempting to filter traffic (to bsecure.com).  I have also attempted adding a list of the PCs that I wish to restrict, but the filter seems not to be working at all.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:00:30 PM by dirkpitt »
DIR-655 H/W A4, Firmware 1.34NAb02 beta