• April 25, 2024, 03:53:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to display jpg images on TV without PC  (Read 5543 times)

sjdigital

How to display jpg images on TV without PC
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:21:51 AM »

What sort of media player do I need to display jpg images stored on a DNS 323 on a TV screen without using a PC? I simply want to be able to browse and show photographs on my TV.

joe_ottawa

• Level 2 Member
Re: How to display jpg images on TV without PC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 07:37:01 PM »

mostly any UPNP media players or media extenders will do you this or a game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360) will play just fine. the best to get all your media to your big screen is the Popcorn hour A110, it is amazing with how many audio and video formats it supports , simply the best out there.

Tank_Killer

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »

I suggest building an HTPC (home theater pc), most HTPC builds fit under the medium build difficulty catagory.  You can benefit by shaping your own media expeirence anyway you like!  I use MediaPortal, its free!  I however love to support the open source community and have CHOSEN to donate thru multiple steps of its development phase.  I love streaming HD 1080p content right from my DNS, I love this unit :D

sjdigital

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »

Thanks for these suggestions, guys. I'll certainly check out the games consoles but as I said in my original question I want to do this without having to have a PC running so the HTPC option isn't for me. I'll explore further!

joe_ottawa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »

if you don't want to use a PC, that's fine:

1. if you have external Hard drive or NAS like (DNS 323), with the game console, it can read and bring your files to the TV without the need to a PC running, connect directly to the console through USB or the though your existing network.

2. if you are not into gaming and like to use a better quality media player for photos, video and music, get the Popcorn Hour A110 which can brings your online photos to your TV as well through Flickr or Picasaweb and it works on your network with so many media servers protocols like:

* Bonjour (apple)
    * UPnP SSDP
    * UPnP AV
    * Windows Media Connect
    * Windows Media Player NSS
    * SMB
    * NFS
    * HTTP servers: myiHome, WizD, SwissCenter, MSP Portal, Llink, GB-PVR
    * BitTorrent P2P,
    * NAS access : SMB, NFS, FTP

check it out http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=catalog&task=info&item_id=6&main_id=0&category_id=

P.S. I don't work for the popcorn Hour nor i am promoting this product. i am only giving ideas here and the person is responsible to collect more information to make his informed decision.