• April 19, 2024, 04:26:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MacBook connects, but no internet. Other computers have no problems.  (Read 3557 times)

simple_echo

• Level 1 Member

I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.3 and it connects to the wireless without a problem, but has no internet. It however does work when I use a wired connection. Other devices such as my Nintendo DS, and PSP are unable to connect at all.

When I open Network setting on the MacBook it says that it has a self-assigned IP. I'm sure this has something to do with the problem, but I have no idea how to go about fixing it. When the PSP connects it just tells me it had a network error. The Nintendo DS states that it is unable to obtain an IP address.

I already have two windows XP computers connected wireless, one XP wired, one Vista wired, and a PS3 wired. All working fine. In order for the two wired desktops to work I had to reserve an IP address for each. I tried this with my MacBook, and it did not solve the problem.

Also the network is set up with a WEP key if that matters.

Thanks in advance for your help