• March 28, 2024, 08:30:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What constitutes a week for DST settings?  (Read 5661 times)

cjb3

• Level 1 Member
What constitutes a week for DST settings?
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:10:59 AM »

When I set the DST, I see Month, week, day of week and time.  The weeks are listed as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.  And then the day of week as Sun - Sat.  But then I got a tad confused.

Lets say I want to set up for the DST change for Nov. 7, 2010.  Do I set this this as Week = 1st, Day = Sun? Or Week = 2nd, Day = Sun?  That is, does this mean the 1st week with a Sunday (i.e., 1st Sunday in November) or, considering a block diagram of a calendar where each row is counted 1 - 5 from the top, the first "week" spans two rows (Mon-Sat, then Sunday - Sat).

What constitutes a week?  7 days or or the "typical" calendar layout o***rid of days running Sun-Sat, left to right, row by row.

(And just to play devils advocate, is the start of a week Sunday or Monday?  ;) )

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: What constitutes a week for DST settings?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »

If 1st Sunday of November, then Week=1 Day=Sun, DST is set that way, independent whether your calendar starts on Sunday or Monday. The 'de facto?' standard is the xth Sunday in Month y.

So Even if your calendar works from Wednesday to Tuesday, it still is the 1st or 2nd Sunday of the month in question.

minigamer

• Level 1 Member
Re: What constitutes a week for DST settings?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »

bump