• March 28, 2024, 05:10:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 96736 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »

Time Schedule works ok when using times in the same day. ie 8am to 8pm
However, if you try to set the schedule from 6pm to 6am - does not appear to work.
I had trouble explaining this to D-Link support also.
I just want the cameras to detect motion overnight...

I understand now. You would need the ability to schedule two sessions during the same day for that to work (12AM-6AM, 6PM-11:59PM). Another request option could be to only enable motion detection during Night Mode, Day Mode, or Always.

Added to wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Motion Detection - Option to schedule multiple motion detection events during a single day
  • Night Mode - User defined day/night mode transition threshold and sensitivity
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:11:16 AM by JavaLawyer »

RCC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:58 PM »

Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators

SETUP -> Day/Night mode ->     Always Day Mode

It works

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 05:10:36 AM »

Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators

SETUP -> Day/Night mode ->     Always Day Mode

It works

I don't think the entry was clear, so I modified it. The request is to allow the DCS-5020L to stay in Night Mode (black and white w/ IR filter enabled) with the on-board IR illuminators disabled so an external IR illuminator can be used instead.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:43 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
  • HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
  • Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
  • Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators while leaving the camera in Night Mode (w/ IR filter) and using an external IR illuminator
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable motion detection either: Always, Day Mode, Night Mode, or on a Schedule
  • Motion Detection - Option to schedule multiple motion detection events during a single day
  • Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
  • Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)

• TBD

RCC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »

Thanks for your clarification, JavaLawyer.

RCC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:11 PM »

Motion Detection - Option to schedule multiple motion detection events during a single day

is not available but as for AUSUSER's original request:
"Time Schedule works ok when using times in the same day. ie 8am to 8pm
However, if you try to set the schedule from 6pm to 6am - does not appear to work.
I just want the cameras to detect motion overnight..."

Overnight schedule is working in latest firmware 1.02b5.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »

Motion Detection - Option to schedule multiple motion detection events during a single day

is not available but as for AUSUSER's original request:
"Time Schedule works ok when using times in the same day. ie 8am to 8pm
I just want the cameras to detect motion overnight..."

Overnight schedule is working in latest firmware 1.02b5.

Are you saying that scheduling 6PM to 6AM does work on FW v1.02b05?  :-\ ???

RCC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »

yes

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 10:04:45 AM »

yes

This improvement negates the need for multiple motion detection event windows within the same calendar day.  Will remove that item.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• TBD

harmon322

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »

Security - Modify the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera's Java code to prevent repetitive Java security warnings with current Java 7 version update 45.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »

Security - Modify the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera's Java code to prevent repetitive Java security warnings with current Java 7 version update 45.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DNS-5020L Wishlist

• Security - Prevent repetitive Java security warnings by modifying the Caller-Allowable_Codebase Manifest in the the camera Java code

• TBD
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:01:21 PM by JavaLawyer »

tjb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »

Since this is a wish list... I wish you hadn't used Java as your development language.  Java ought to be depricated and destroyed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6