• April 23, 2024, 11:09:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Another system is managing this device"  (Read 2878 times)

besweeet

• Level 1 Member
"Another system is managing this device"
« on: August 11, 2022, 02:38:41 PM »

Update: Resolved. As long as I don't go to the Camera Settings in D-ViewCam, the Android app will continue to work correctly.

I've successfully added this camera to D-ViewCam via ONVIF. Works fine.

But when I go back to the "mydlink" Android app, it says "Another system is managing this device" and I cannot even view a video feed using the app. This happens even after removing the camera from D-ViewCam...

Interestingly, I can still view RTSP feeds: rtsp://admin:[pin]@[ip]:554/live/profile.0

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:14:32 PM by besweeet »

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
Re: "Another system is managing this device"
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 04:49:21 PM »

It seems that you have encountered an issue with the "mydlink" Android app and camera management. Here are a few suggestions to help resolve the problem:

Force Stop and Clear Cache: Go to your Android device's Settings, find the "Apps" or "Applications" section, locate the "mydlink" app, and select it. From there, you can force stop the app and clear its cache. This action can help clear any temporary data that might be causing the issue.

Reinstall the App: Uninstall the "mydlink" app from your Android device and then reinstall it from the official app store. This process can sometimes resolve app-related issues and provide a fresh installation.

Check Camera Association: Ensure that the camera is not associated with any other devices or software. Double-check that you have removed the camera from D-ViewCam completely and that no other systems or software are actively managing the camera.

Update Firmware and App: Make sure both your camera and the "mydlink" app are running on the latest available versions. Check for firmware updates for your camera on the manufacturer's website and update the app through the app store if an update is available. Newer versions often include bug fixes and improvements that may resolve compatibility issues.

Contact Support: If the issue persists
ECS A55F-M3(V1.0) [27/72] Installing the motherboard, it may be helpful to reach out to the support team of the "mydlink" app or the camera manufacturer. They can provide more specific guidance and troubleshoot the problem based on the specific camera model and app version.

Remember to provide relevant details such as the camera model, Android device information, and any error messages received when contacting support. They will be better equipped to assist you with a detailed understanding of the situation.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 06:00:22 AM by agalloway »