• April 16, 2024, 04:21:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems with Android app on newer phones  (Read 2210 times)

bjg222

• Level 1 Member
Problems with Android app on newer phones
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »

The app seems to have issues with modern Android phones when running on the latest versions of Android.  For context, I have a Nexus 6P running Android 7.1.1 and a Nexus 5X running Android O Beta (likely 8.0), and I have two main problems:

1) My 6P has a fairly high resolution screen, which the MyDLink Lite app apparently mistakes for a tablet.  I forces me into landscape mode and won't allow me to rotate my screen at all (see linked screenshot).  Please adjust this to account for modern large screen high resolution phones so that the app is usable.  My phone's screen is not nearly tablet size, and it makes it pretty hard to use the app.

2) The notification style of the app is incongruous with the rest of Android.  It hasn't really been updated to keep pace with the last several versions of the OS (pretty sure the app's style hasn't changed since 4.0 or 5.0, and Android is nearing release of 8.0), and looks to have been manually styled rather than relying on the OS's built-in styling (see linked screenshots).  They're a different size, don't show the time in the same place, and don't show the app name.  On the lockscreen, there's an ugly white band behind them, and this white band conflicts with the Ambient Display feature.  In addition, the notifications don't group like every other app, and the MyDLink Lite app doesn't allow any control of the sound of the notification.

Overall, please update the app to be compatible with newer phones running the latest version of the OS.

Linked screenshots:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3pm9bs57lgqflns/AAA7BCYg-l1O-g9O8jCIKQQHa?dl=0

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Problems with Android app on newer phones
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »

My GS7 Edge doesn't have this problem yet - I'm only on 7.something.  Not the latest.

My Galaxy S2 Tablet and Note 2014 does do the tablet mode you are showing.

So let's see, my GS7 has 3.7.1 of mydlinkapp, and Android 7.0.
I turned on high performance mode and WQHD and mydlink app is still in regular mode.