• April 18, 2024, 10:46:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Xbox Live troubles  (Read 1810 times)

buccoblast

• Level 1 Member
Xbox Live troubles
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:46:50 PM »

First off, let me say that with my MacBook Pro, this router absolutely hums.  No issues whatsoever.  Solid signal, no dropped connections.

Now with my Xbox, its a different story...I have the DGL-3420 bridge.  With my old Netgear router, I had no issues whatsoever.  I updated the bridge to the latest firmware and did the same with the router.  I tried port forwarding to the xbox's ip, setting qos priority, all the settings recommended on this forum.  No dice.

My xbox is about 20 ft away downstairs and I get between a 95%-97% signal, however, I get consistently dropped from the NCAA 2010 games about 30 minutes in.  It's almost like clockwork.  The thing is, it doesn't end my Xbox live session, I'm still signed in, but it just boots me from the game.  I was thinking about hardwiring my xbox to the router, but I just don't think the wireless signal is a problem.

Could it be some kind of timeout? or setting on the router that is causing this to happen?