• March 29, 2024, 08:01:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 OLED display failing  (Read 6423 times)

rclopp

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343 OLED display failing
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »

Have been very happy with the performance in general, but after about a year the OLED display began to fail.  It appears that every other horizontal line of pixels in the display is black.  It makes it impossible to see the NAS status at a glance, or read any messages.  It appears the part would be easy to replace.  Does anyone know about avalibility of replacement display through D-Link?  Can't find any "parts' through ebay or google, just complete units.
DNS-343 w/ FW 1.05
Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-343 OLED display failing
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:46:34 PM »

Do the lines also appear when the DNS-343 is booting? I'm just wondering if this could possibly be a corrupt firmware issue. You're probably facing a hardware issue, but it's just a thought.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

rclopp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »

It Even does this on the "splash" screen when booting.  I think it is a hardware issue, i.e. the OLED display or connector is bad.  It appears that every other line on the display is dead pixels.  Looking for input on how to obtain a replacement display, it looks like it would be fairly easy to swap out.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

D-Link used to have a means of obtaining replacement parts on their old website, but that options seems to be removed. . . I can't find an analog on their new website. Your best bet may be to find someone with a EOL unit and have him/her ship just the OLED, preuming it is easily removable without causing damage.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC