• April 25, 2024, 07:53:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Slightly off topic, but...  (Read 5087 times)

ozzed3

• Level 3 Member
    • Ozzed.net Bitpop and chip music
Slightly off topic, but...
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

How does the Karma thing work? I see no links to give anyone pluses or minuses. Thank you :)

My bitpop and chip music

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: Slightly off topic, but...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »

applaud = +

smite = -

ozzed3

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »

Yeah I know that is how it worska but WHERE are those links? I feel like such a dumb behind right now.. LOL

My bitpop and chip music

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »

I see them right under the Karma number itself.  Maybe you have to have a certain number of posts before the links show up.

ozzed3

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »

I guess so. Kinda sad that they are encouraging forum wh.. prostitutes though.. You know the kind of people who post in every single thread just to raise their post count even though they have nothing relevant to add.. Anyway thanks for the info :)

My bitpop and chip music

DAE51D

• Level 2 Member
    • daevid
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

I just noticed i have -2 karma?? WTF does this mean?  ??? How did I get -2? Did someone actually click a button or link and shaft me? Or is it based upon keywords I've typed or something? Is this just a silly game, or do these karma points matter?

So I did a quick google search and found this page:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=104.0

But I still don't see these 'applaud' or 'smite' things. And this would also indicate that some fellow forum member actually took the time to 'smite' me, but this is so cowardly since it is anonymous and there isn't a place to see WHY someone would be so petty. Whomever thought of this "feature" needs to be junk-punched.  >:(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:00:51 PM by DAE51D »
There are only 11 types of people in this world. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »

Ok, lets keep this thread PG, I just gave you a free applaud for breaking up the monotony of my day.  I can't stand popularity contests (probably because I always lose them), but I don't write the system either.  Just don't let it bother you too bad.
non progredi est regredi

ozzed3

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »

I figured it out now. You need to be level two (get like 20 posts or so), and then there will be an applaud or smite button under everyone's Karma, and you can applaud or smite people once an hour.

My bitpop and chip music

DAE51D

• Level 2 Member
    • daevid
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »

Sweet. This is my 20th post!!!  8)

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Edit: Well, 20 wasn't the magic number. I'm still Level 1...  :(
There are only 11 types of people in this world. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »

Haha Pulp Fiction :D. Nice reference.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 08:33:09 AM »

Wow, someone must have something against you, you got smote even after my applause yesterday, lets try this again.

Applause for fictioning up the pulp real good like.
non progredi est regredi

DAE51D

• Level 2 Member
    • daevid
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »

Wow, someone must have something against you, you got smote even after my applause yesterday, lets try this again.
Yeah I know right? Jeesh. What did I do to them? They should at least have the cojones to speak up and admit they smote me! :)
Applause for fictioning up the pulp real good like.
Sadly it was pre-mature. I still don't have the ability to exact retribution. LOL.