D-Link VPN Router > DSR-250N

Replacing my DIR-655 with DSR-250N

(1/3) > >>

ddywz:
When I first saw this router it looked very interesting device and a lot it could handle.  I purchased it and put it to work. In general all is working as expected.  I liked the 8 ports and they are all taken now.  This was one of the reasons I went after this device.  Wi-FI is working great.  I disabled intrusion as it was taking lots of its performance.  My ISP is comcast and I have a cable modem that is connected to its WAN port. Only issue I have is on my mobile device.  I have xabber app running as a xmpp client of an openfire server that runs on my local LAN attached synology NAS device.  The client connection  was switching fine when the mobile android was moving from Local Wi-FI to 4G network.  Now with this router it is connecting fine over the 4G using DDNS name,  but unable to connect when moved back on local Wi-FI served from DSR-250N.  I have to change the name from DDNS name to local LAN hostname of my NAS device in order to connect back.  I have setup FW rules in place for the ports needed and like I said when I'm on 4G network I can connect fine on my openfire server.  Once the mobile device switches to local Wi-Fi on my home it can no longer use DDNS name to connect to the same openfire server.  If I switch the router back with my old DIR-655 everything works fine and the connection establishes back using local Wi-Fi with DDNS name.

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong?  It is definitely in the DSR250N but I don't want to believe it is a bug or something. I may need to setup something else on this wonderful device.

Thanks,

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

I recommend contacting DLink support, level 2 or higher for this.

ddywz:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on December 03, 2012, 09:25:48 AM ---Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

I recommend contacting DLink support, level 2 or higher for this.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the quick reply.  The hardware version is A1.  I upgraded its firmware to latest 1.05B20 on day 1 without starting any other configuration.  All went well with the upgrade and no errors.  I am in North America region (GMT -5).  The ISP modem is an "Arris TM702G" stand alone.  As I mentioned on my post if I put back my old DIR-655 the app works great.

Thanks,

FurryNutz:
I would phone contact Level 2 or higher support. There are differences between the DIR and DSR series, so we hope it might only be a configuration issue at this point.

FYI, it's recommended to always try your DLink products out of the box with out upgrading. Units work well out of the box and it's recommended not to upgrade unless you are seeing issues after testing and we have troubleshot the problem or you are effected by what FW fixes that is seen in the release notes for FW updates.

Keep us posted on how it goes with phone support.

ddywz:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on December 03, 2012, 09:47:12 AM ---I would phone contact Level 2 or higher support. There are differences between the DIR and DSR series, so we hope it might only be a configuration issue at this point.

FYI, it's recommended to always try your DLink products out of the box with out upgrading. Units work well out of the box and it's recommended not to upgrade unless you are seeing issues after testing and we have troubleshot the problem or you are effected by what FW fixes that is seen in the release notes for FW updates.

Keep us posted on how it goes with phone support.

--- End quote ---

You got a point there and I agree with you, but anytime you open a support call and you are not running the latest firmware on device, regardless of the issue you have they will tell you to update the firmware first.  So I thought to be done with that step.  Yes, I opened a call with them.  Will see what I get.  I exhausted all my efforts and tried all different things.  Only way is to do VPN and always use hostname of the device but there are other devices I'd like to connect remotely without VPN. 

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version