• March 28, 2024, 07:42:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My DCS-5300G sob story...  (Read 11623 times)

sinner

• Level 1 Member
Re: My DCS-5300G sob story...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:16 AM »

I as well was having this very same problem... same cam, same router, same ISP. Just tried changing the DNS settings like the user above just mentions. Have to get to my office to see if the camera is working now over the net.

One thing I would like to add that I figured out or stumbled upon... when I was trying to figure out why this wasn't working anymore... I played with the connection types. I noticed that if I left it on UDP or TCP I could not see my camera from where I have it embedded on my website however if I changed the type to HTTP I could at least see it there locally - meaning viewing the page from a computer connected to my network. Thinking I had solved the issue (at least without audio) I waited until the next day to test it from the office. No luck. Hopefully this DNS thing works.

sinner

• Level 1 Member
Re: My DCS-5300G sob story...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »

Well... I tried entering the DNS entries (which I should add I have never done in the past - I left them in their default state) but no such luck. Can still view the cam locally but not from outside my local network. I have to agree with the original poster on this issue... it has something to do with my DGL-4300. I installed the latest firmware into the router (version 1.9) and that still did not take care of the issue. I figured it may be a good ideas to post pics of my router and cam settings just in case someone sees something I may be overlooking...

And just for the heck of it... here is the link to my cam I have embedded on a web page... sourcing the page out shows my settings are in place as they should be:
http://www.jbscreative.com/webcam/network_cam.shtml
Pages: 1 [2]