• April 23, 2024, 12:20:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-932L dropping WiFi connection  (Read 23556 times)

Nich0las

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L dropping WiFi connection
« on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »

Upgraded the camera with the latest firmware (v1.06), assigned it a fixed IP address and connected it wirelessly (Linksys WAG54G2 router). Everything is working fine for a few hours, then the camera suddenly stops responding (LED on the camera keeps emitting solid green light, but the camera cannot be accessed neither via the IP address and web browser, nor through Mydlink).

Powercycling the camera solves the problem, but after a few hours - it's the same problem again.

Someone please help?  :(

Nich0las

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L dropping WiFi connection
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:03:55 AM »

P.S. Forgot to mention that I have 3 or 4 wireless devices (PC, android phones, tablet) connecting to the same router and never had any connection problems...

tiaanv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:39 AM »

Did you manage to get this working stable?
Have two of these cams, but have stopped using them for some time because of the unstable WIFI connection. 

As you said... Works perfectly, but then after a random amount of time (could be hours) The device is no longer connected to my router. I can see this on my router's attached device list. Yet the camera shows nothing different.

Two things I'd like to check with you.  Does your camera work again agter power cycle? Mine does not...

Do you use static IP? different port etc?

Nich0las

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:19 AM »

Managed to solve this (eventually) by replacing the router, I bought TP Link WR841N and placed it a bit closer to the camera. Like the "N" in the name suggests, it is a WiFi-N router (the previous one was B/G), so it has a better signal range and is more resistant to signal interference. Did the trick for me, since the signal has to pass 2 walls to reach the camera, everything's been working glitch-free for over 2 months.

To answer your questions:
- while I was having connection problems, power-cycling the camera made it reconnect to the router, but I had to do it every 2-3 hours.
- I tried both, static IPs and DHCP, didn't make any difference.

Hope this helped you in any way...

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »

I am having a very similar issue.  I installed this camera about 2 months ago and set it up on wifi and it worked great.  Then 2 days ago it quit being recognized by the mydlink app on my computer and iphone.  I can get to it via the IP address on my laptop and it works fine.  Green light is still on on the camera and I can get in and do maintenance and everything.  If I pull the power and plug it back in, the mydlink apps work fine on the computer & iphone for about 5 minutes, then it shows the camera is not available anymore.  I know it's working fine from the router standpoint because as I said I can still get to it via the camera's IP, it's just the mydlink app doesn't see it anymore.

Any thoughts or ideas would be super appreciated.  Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »

What firmware version are you using?  You may want to install the latest firmware. If you choose to upgrade to the latest firmware, you may also want to set the camera to the factory default settings and reconfigure the camera using the Wizard application.

Please keep in mind that if you upgrade your firmware, it's important to download the latest version of the Wizard, as the later firmware is not backwards compatible with the Wizard CD that shipped with your camera.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:28 AM »

I upgraded to the latest firmware last night 1.06_b4 and the camera acted the same way it did before I did the firmware upgrade.  It said it was on firmware version 1.06 before I did the firmware update, I'm not sure if it was on build 4 or not.

I just find it weird that it is working just fine when accessed via IP address on my laptop, but the myDlink app says it's not available.  I'm wondering if it's an issue with the app as nothing on my network has changed in the last few days since I started having this problem.  I'm wondering if a 3rd party app will fix the trick.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

I personally encountered a similar issue.  My DCS-932L worked fine via direct streaming [IP_ADDRESS]/mjpeg.cgi, but mydlink insisted that the device was offline. What fixed the camera for me was performing a factory reset, reconfiguring the DCS-932L, and re-registering the DCS-932L with mydlink.

Performing a factory reset will remove all user settings while retaining the latest installed firmware. Next, use the (latest) Wizard software to reconfigure the camera and re-register the camera with your mydlink account.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:01:41 PM by JavaLawyer »

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »

Ok I will try that next. Do you find you have to do this often though? It's not exactly convenient to have to do that every couple of months.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »

I've performed this procedure twice in the past ~1.5 years.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »

Should this solution not work for you, here's another thread we maintain in the forum listing third party products that other members have tested with D-Link cameras:  DCS IP Cameras - Compatible Third Party Applications to Monitor Video

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »

Yes I was posting in there asking you if we knew which one supported video and audio. I use it as a baby monitor so audio is crucial!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »

Yes I was posting in there asking you if we knew which one supported video and audio. I use it as a baby monitor so audio is crucial!

LOL. . . I thought your name looked familiar. I believe other users successfully use iSpy, so that's something you can try should this latest effort not work out.

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »

I don't see the iSpy for the iphone, it just shows it as a desktop app?

TheTraut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

Also, if i do a factory reset am I going to have to go through the whole deal of doing the WPS connect again to my router?  If so, does WPS work as long as it can see the network or do I have to be right next to the router in order for it to pick up the attributes from my wireless?

The reason I ask is because I have it mounted in a different room and getting it down and unplugging it would be a pain as I had to feed the cable through my wall. :\
Pages: [1] 2