• April 26, 2024, 07:17:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting to DCS-930L and Java Plugin Security issues  (Read 4789 times)

QRDeNameland

• Level 1 Member
Connecting to DCS-930L and Java Plugin Security issues
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »

I have a DCS-930L cam that I have not had hooked up for some time, and today I just decided to connect it again.  The problem is that due to recent vulnerabilities with the Java browser plugin, in Firefox and Chrome the Java plugin is disabled by default, and therefore I can't view the camera either through connectng directly via IP or via mydlink.com without enabling the vulnerable plugin.  I can't seem to find any way to only enable the Java plugin for specific sites, so I'm stuck either having to enable and disable the plugin before and after viewing the cam, or living with my browser being vulnerable.  Neither of these is an acceptable solution in my opinion.

I tried installing the ActiveX control and using IE, but for whatever reason that is not working either.  So what can I do here that I can view this camera?

QRDeNameland

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connecting to DCS-930L and Java Plugin Security issues
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »

Well, I came up with an acceptable solution, at least for myself: installing NoScript on Firefox and whitelisting mydlink and the camera's IP. Some people find NoScript annoying, so YMMV.