• March 18, 2024, 10:41:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNR-326 GNU/Linux support  (Read 14770 times)

here_and_there

• Level 1 Member
DNR-326 GNU/Linux support
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

Hello,

as stated in the topic, I would need some information about GNU/Linux support. Currently I am able to setup camera recordings, but cannot visualize and playback the files from the web interface which is pretty disturbing.

I can also turn-on the NFS server and get access to files, but it seems that they are written in some kind of proprietary format.

Just upgraded the firmware and still cannot access to playback and visualize with firefox. Didn't try with chrome.

Any help would be welcomed.

Best regards

--
Ivaylo Ganchev
System and Network Administrator
CS department
University of Paris 8

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNR-326 GNU/Linux support
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »

Adding to my prior post, GPL source code (as well as other documentation) is available for download on the D-Link Taiwan site: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/

here_and_there

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:11:06 AM »

Hello,

thank you for your reply. The links that you provide are not concerning specifically GNU/Linux and the problem is encountered precisely with this OS.

I tried with chrome but it gives the same problem as with Firefox. There is a java exception raised : SEVERE: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.X.X/web/nvr/unixNuSDK.jar: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.X.X/web/nvr/unixNuSDK.jar

Indeed when I connect on the NAS and try to find this file, there is no such. Instead there is macNuSDK.jar and win32NuSDK.jar. So thus to say there is no even a small chance for the camera to work under GNU/Linux.

/methinks it's very pity to base a solution on linux and to don't let users with the same operating system use it.

Could you give me some details about the native encoding of the files. Is it a proprietary format ? Is there a way to encode them in another format in order to play them with a common video player.

Best regards,

--
IG

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »

Traffic on this particular board is a bit low. You may consider re-posting your question on the
DCS series Network Cameras board, which blankets all the D-Link camera and NVR questions and has more reader traffic.

here_and_there

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:04 PM »

Hello,

thank you for the answer. I just did so. Do you know if there is any other kind of product support on which I could ask about the format of the recording as well as whether there will be soon a support of GNU/Linux.

Best regards,

--
IG

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »

Hello,

thank you for the answer. I just did so. Do you know if there is any other kind of product support on which I could ask about the format of the recording as well as whether there will be soon a support of GNU/Linux.

Best regards,

--
IG

Aside from the toll free phone support for issues (1-888-851-6464), the only other official D-Link support channel is through Facebook.