• March 29, 2024, 02:56:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DLink wireless connection manager source of issues.  (Read 10803 times)

retread

• Level 2 Member
DLink wireless connection manager source of issues.
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »

I think you will find that using any other connection manager than DLinks buggy connection manager will solve most of your problems.  As a matter of fact, the latest drivers from DLink no longer use this problematic program.  Just use Windows connection manager and see if that won't help.

Furthermore, an updated driver from the support site for techs, and not available to uninformed customers  »tsd.dlink.com.tw/ may be of help.  DWA-552 driver here http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloadsmodel.asp

I noticed that there was only one driver on the regular customer support site in 2008 (v.1.30) but several old ones in 2007. This is unacceptable... customers should have access to the latest. On the site link referenced above, you can find v.1.40. When I installed it, all of a sudden I got a "very good" connection (4 bars!). Previously, all I got was 2, and along with that some Windows issues.

edit:  I moved this card to another machine since this post, and it won't assign an IP.  Good signal strength, just won't latch onto an IP.  This is with the latest driver that updated the previous buggy connection manager.  So I go from one issue to another.... it's like playin' "Whack-a-Mole"!!

This 552 card has some serious problems.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:36:30 PM by retread »