• April 16, 2024, 09:29:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No motion detection recordings  (Read 7279 times)

Pluto

• Level 1 Member
No motion detection recordings
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:43 AM »

I just bought this camera. I am not able to get any motion detection recordings on the SD card. The camera formats the card (32 GB) ok. I can select various areas and sensitivity up to 100 %, but nothing is stored on the SD card. There is not any OK button in motion detection setup screen in the mydlink app, but the selected areas seem to be stored. The camera reports the card to be 29.47 GB (which is probably ok) and 0 % usage.

Is there any way to get this camera to record motion detection? The documentation seems to be very limited.

IOS mydlink app version 1.5.0
Camera firmware 1.02.02

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: No motion detection recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:25:19 AM »

Did you set up an automation rule?

Pluto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:45 AM »

No, I did not set up an automation rule. I had checked the FAQs / How-tos: Set up motion detection. I did not notice anything about setting up an automation rule was necessary.

But I tried to set it up now and guess what – I got recordings on the SD card! Thanks for the help!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »

Glad you got it working.

I will make sure the online FAQ is updated.

RJSinMO

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 06:39:10 AM »

Where do these automation rules execute?  On the camera?  On dlink servers?  On my phone?  If either of the latter two, then I assume it won't record if the wifi is down or internet is down?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »

It will execute on the camera. If the internet is down, it should continue to record to the SD card.  The camera will communicate with the mydlink servers if sound/motion detection is triggered which will then send out push notifications to your mobile device but should not interfere with the camera recording to the SD card.

I will request a tech to test this to make sure.