• April 19, 2024, 03:58:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 only connects to Guest Zone  (Read 2344 times)

matta2k

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 only connects to Guest Zone
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

New router arrived today, and I am stumped.

My computer won't connect to the N network, except that it DOES, but only to the Guest Zone. (Also, the Guest Zone gives me an option to auto-connect which the main zone doesn't.) The Guest Zone has the same exact security settings as the main:

WPA-Personal
Auto (WPA or WPA2)
TKIP and AES

I've also tried disabling the Guest Zone, but still can't connect to the main one. What is going on???

UPDATE: I can connect to my main network with my PS3 and XBox 360, but not my desktop or laptop, which are both running Windows 7.

---

(I just sent this e-mail to tech support. I hope they can help me.)

I bought a DIR-655 to replace my D-Link DI-634M. I followed the automatic installation program and received no errors. My wireless adapter finds the network, but it doesn't prompt me for the WPA key. It just hangs, then times out and gives me a troubleshooting error. I experience this problem on both my desktop and my laptop, which both run Windows 7. Both machines had no problems connecting to my DI-634M "G" network. Strangely, my XBox 360 and Playstation 3 can connect to the DIR-655. But before you blame Windows 7, also consider this: I have created a Guest Zone on my DIR-655. Both computers can connect to the Guest Zone. Same security configuration as the main zone (WPA Personal, Auto WPA or WPA2, TKIP and AES). Why can my game consoles connect to my main zone, but not my computers? Why can the computers connect to the guest zone, but not the main zone? Please advise.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:57:36 PM by matta2k »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: DIR-655 only connects to Guest Zone
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 03:11:13 AM »

MAC address filtering still turned on? That's one thing that does not tamper with the other (Guest) VLAN.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33