• March 29, 2024, 06:30:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: So now what? What can we do with our 520s?  (Read 16638 times)

MIAPLAYA

• Level 1 Member
So now what? What can we do with our 520s?
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »

I bought the DSM-520 shortly after its release and enjoyed using it over the last several years. However as technology has moved on my new Blu-Ray player has replaced it in my home theater cabinet as it natively supports Pandora, Netflix, DLNA, etc. I've moved my DSM-520 to my office but really it never gets power on anymore as it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Besides running PlayOn on my Home Server to get some of this functionality there's not much I've seen done. Anyone have anything they've done besides using it to connect to PlayOn? Flashed a different firmware or running a linux OS?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: So now what? What can we do with our 520s?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »

I bought the DSM-520 shortly after its release and enjoyed using it over the last several years. However as technology has moved on my new Blu-Ray player has replaced it in my home theater cabinet as it natively supports Pandora, Netflix, DLNA, etc. I've moved my DSM-520 to my office but really it never gets power on anymore as it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Besides running PlayOn on my Home Server to get some of this functionality there's not much I've seen done. Anyone have anything they've done besides using it to connect to PlayOn? Flashed a different firmware or running a linux OS?

D-Link has turned its attention to the Boxee Box, which is a highly rated alternative product. Additionally, media players are starting to enter the mainstream. There are many brands and models to choose from with substantially improved functionality and technical specifications than the legacy DSM series.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC