• April 16, 2024, 09:39:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Very Disappointing DIR-130  (Read 5220 times)

CivilAirPatrol

• Level 1 Member
Very Disappointing DIR-130
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:54:51 AM »

We just purchased a DIR-130 to replace a perfectly operating EBR-2310. Our reason for replacing the EBR-2310 is that its a residential class firewall/router, logs roll over every two hours, and no VPN. The DIR-130 is a SOHO busniess class firewall/router with robust logging and VPN.

What a mess . . .

- after power up takes up to 10 mins or more before internet and web management start functioning even though the unit can be pinged within seconds of power up

- drops internet connection after several hours. After power cycle and waiting, and waiting, internet and web management interface comes back up

- logging is empty at times and at others times has several pages in information (maybe a web interface issue)

When I cable up the EBR-2310, everything is fine; internet and web management interface come up immediately (I just hate the two hour limit before logs 'roll over')

Before I throw this in the dumpster, is there anything I should do? Firmware appears to be current (1.12).

Tom

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Very Disappointing DIR-130
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:16:31 AM »

I would re-update the firmware because it sounds like you have a bad flash (UI should never take 10 minutes).

failing that I would return it for a refund as defective or RMA it if your return period is passed.

While you are at it you may find that the beta firmware available helps, just food for thought.
non progredi est regredi