• March 28, 2024, 11:13:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: View live video from DSC-920 on Windows Vista  (Read 5652 times)

BMLenertz

• Level 1 Member
View live video from DSC-920 on Windows Vista
« on: August 18, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

I have two laptop PCs...one running Windows XP Professional and the other Windows Vista 64.  I have configured the camera and got it running just fine.  My problem comes when I try to view the live video using Windows Vista machine and IE.  I have downloaded the updates for Java and have agreed to the Active X installation requests...neither of which seem to make a difference.  I never get the live video to show up.  Does anyone know if there is something else that I need to update on my Vista machine...or another way to view the live video stream over the internet?  (See also earlier post re: embedding video in webpage).

Thanks for any/all feedback you can provide!!

~Brad

Wire

• Level 1 Member
Re: View live video from DSC-920 on Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »

I'm running into the same problem trying to view live video from both my Mac and Windows XP machines, from outside my home network. I get a static image until I select either Java or ActiveX (Windows only of course), then I get nothing, and a timeout error. I have the current Java version installed on both machines, using Safari 4 and Flock on the Mac, and IE 8 on the PC.

jlmartins

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »

I'm facing same problems... no live video on Vista outside network.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »

Enable the second HTTP port and create a port forwarding rule to port 81 in your router and access the camera at your wan IP address :81.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

BMLenertz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »

This solution worked for me.  I hope it works for the others who posted their same issue and others in the future.  Thanks for your insight and help!
~Brad