• March 29, 2024, 04:25:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 Power On Button Unresponsive Sometimes  (Read 2957 times)

CanadianClub

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343 Power On Button Unresponsive Sometimes
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »

I have my unit configured with 4 SATA 2TB drives.  The drive has been mapped.  When it is running the OLED diplays only dlink-31F013 (MAC address) but IP address , firmware version and temp titles are listed, not the actual data.  The power button does not work at all.  I need to pull the adpapter out the back to power down.  Powering up is just as irregular.  Sometimes I get the OLED screen filled with orange dots....somtimes the partial words systems is booting is displayed. I can view all of the OLED stat information from the web admin page fine.  The OLED is unpredictable often requiring multiple power on and off sequences (pull AC plug out the back as the power button is unresponsive).  I have a DNS-321 and it works just fine.  The 343 is a whole other story.  I am not happy with my purchase.
DNS323 4X 2TB
DNS321 2X 1TB

CanadianClub

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 Power On Button Unresponsive Sometimes
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

I just looked at my 343 OLED and the display is upside down and the letters are backwards as if it were in a mirror or backwards reading left to right.  ??????? What is that all about.
DNS323 4X 2TB
DNS321 2X 1TB

CanadianClub

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »

I tried to power the unit down by holding the power button for 5 seconds and nothing happens. I unplugged the power cable and hit the power buttion again.  I see a readible display with System is booting ........ message.  I think think this unit purchased from Amazon.ca is a lemon.

http://www.amazon.ca/D-Link-DNS-343-Network-Attached-Enclosure/dp/B0019VSU88/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3JUK31D791IYZ&colid=JH38G36DEORD

DNS323 4X 2TB
DNS321 2X 1TB

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

Try resetting the Firmware to the factory defaults.  This should not impact your formatted HDDs or existing data.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC