• April 19, 2024, 01:15:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 C1 - Firmware Upgrade Issue  (Read 8335 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DIR-615 C1 - Firmware Upgrade Issue
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:03:25 AM »

While upgrading the DIR-615 C1 firmware, a connection drop-out caused the firmware upgrade to fail.  I am unable to access the configuration options, have no Internet access, and limited connectivity between devices already on the internal network.  

Is there a specific protocol for restoring the factory default firmware and settings?  I tried holding down the reset button for 15 seconds with no apparent affect.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Please help.

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DIR-615 C1 - Firmware Upgrade Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:20:58 AM »

While upgrading the DIR-615 C1 firmware, a connection drop-out caused the firmware upgrade to fail.  I am unable to access the configuration options, have no Internet access, and limited connectivity between devices already on the internal network.  

Is there a specific protocol for restoring the factory default firmware and settings?  I tried holding down the reset button for 15 seconds with no apparent affect.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

I spoke with D-Link technical support and was told there is a special "Crash Reset" procedure for instances where the firmware is corrupt.  Below are the steps described over the phone.  I'll try this tonight and report back as to whether this actually works (has anyone else tried this?):

Crash Reset

(1) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds while the router is powered-on;
(2) Continue holding the reset button, unplug the router, and wait 30 seconds;
(3) Continue holding the reset button, plug-in the router, and wait 30 seconds; and
(4) Release the reset button and wait 2 minutes

This procedure should copy over the factory installed firmware v3.11NA stored in ROM.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DIR-615 C1 - Firmware Upgrade Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

I spoke with D-Link technical support and was told there is a special "Crash Reset" procedure for instances where the firmware is corrupt.  Below are the steps described over the phone.  I'll try this tonight and report back as to whether this actually works (has anyone else tried this?):

Crash Reset

(1) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds while the router is powered-on;
(2) Continue holding the reset button, unplug the router, and wait 30 seconds;
(3) Continue holding the reset button, plug-in the router, and wait 30 seconds; and
(4) Release the reset button and wait 2 minutes

This procedure should copy over the factory installed firmware v3.11NA stored in ROM.

The above procedure did not fix this issue.  I ultimately spent 45 minutes on the phone with D-Link technical support resolving this problem.  The agent had me assign a static IP address to the PC connecting to the router in order to access the administration page.  Fortunately, I saved a copy of the v3.11NA FW .bin file and router configuration settings file to upload once access to the configuration pages were re-established.

Kudos to to the D-Link technical support staff.