• April 18, 2024, 06:57:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sound on Android Client has a loud hum  (Read 10375 times)

masaunders24

• Level 1 Member
Sound on Android Client has a loud hum
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

I have a recently purchased 5010L and after a couple of weeks, the sound started coming through the Android app with a high amount of hum.   I also connected through my D-link on the PC with the same issue.  My other 2 cameras don't exhibit the same problem.   Has anybody had that problem and a solution?
--Thanks -- Mike

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Sound on Android Client has a loud hum
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »

I have a recently purchased 5010L and after a couple of weeks, the sound started coming through the Android app with a high amount of hum.   I also connected through my D-link on the PC with the same issue.  My other 2 cameras don't exhibit the same problem.   Has anybody had that problem and a solution?
--Thanks -- Mike

Are you in the same room?  That's normal. .

Turn Down you volume otherwise.

masaunders24

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:00:53 PM »

Nope, different room and different floor....  Not feeding-back audio in any way.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »

Nope, different room and different floor....  Not feeding-back audio in any way.

Must be the camera then.  Play some music and go elsewhere and see if it is masked completely?

Have you tried a different location? Could be some kind of radio interference.

masaunders24

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »

I'm beginning to think it might be the filter caps in the power supply.   I changed to another one and it got worse.   I have a 12 battery that I can put on it and see what happens.

mtarallo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »

If you are within the warranty period you can get a replacement. Same problem here - had it for about 5 months. Worked fine, then today noticed humming noise. On phone with D-Link now (going on 25 mins) -- and they walk you through everything - in order to justify that it is a hardware problem, even though you know it is a problem with the hardware.

Call 1 (877) 453-5465 push phone # buttons - 2 2 5 1 to get to the appropriate support person.

Be prepared to go through everything before you get an RMA for your replacement.

1 - volume setting
2 - reboot
3 - move to another outlet

They need supervisor approval before they can send the RMA email - that takes time too.

I have many D-Link cameras (DCS-932l) and DCS-5010L) -I noticed that most of them don't seem to last more than a year.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »

If you are within the warranty period you can get a replacement. Same problem here - had it for about 5 months. Worked fine, then today noticed humming noise. On phone with D-Link now (going on 25 mins) -- and they walk you through everything - in order to justify that it is a hardware problem, even though you know it is a problem with the hardware.

Call 1 (877) 453-5465 push phone # buttons - 2 2 5 1 to get to the appropriate support person.

Be prepared to go through everything before you get an RMA for your replacement.

1 - volume setting
2 - reboot
3 - move to another outlet

They need supervisor approval before they can send the RMA email - that takes time too.

I have many D-Link cameras (DCS-932l) and DCS-5010L) -I noticed that most of them don't seem to last more than a year.

I've had my DCS-932L since 2011 without any issues.

Keep in mind that D-Link technical support is required to perform their due diligence to rule out configuration or environmental factors before issuing an RMA. The process does not take that long and is easily completed during one call if the camera is readily accessible for their battery of tests.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC