• April 18, 2024, 02:49:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IR LEDS  (Read 7347 times)

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
IR LEDS
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »

I have just installed a new 7010 camera in my garage.  Generally it is pretty dark in the garage, so the camera operates in IR mode.  I have noticed that as well as the green 'status' LED there are a number of red LEDS lit as well.  However there look like there are others which are not lit.  There is a single red LED lit at the top and four down the right side (as you face the camera).  On the left the topmost of the cluster of four is lit but the bottom three are dark.  Is there a problem with my camera?  The picture is pretty grainy but acceptable, considering the dark environment.

Thanks

By the way, I updated the firmware when I set up the camera yesterday
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:15:45 PM by BeachDuc »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: IR LEDS
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »

I have just installed a new 7010 camera in my garage.  Generally it is pretty dark in the garage, so the camera operates in IR mode.  I have noticed that as well as the green 'status' LED there are a number of red LEDS lit as well.  However there look like there are others which are not lit.  There is a single red LED lit at the top and four down the right side (as you face the camera).  On the left the topmost of the cluster of four is lit but the bottom three are dark.  Is there a problem with my camera?  The picture is pretty grainy but acceptable, considering the dark environment.

Thanks

By the way, I updated the firmware when I set up the camera yesterday

Read your manual and log into the firmware.

If available, you can more than likely turn off the green light. I know I can on all my cameras (5222l, 2132l, 2230).

You can not turn off the IR red lights though.  At least I can not on any camera.

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:14:53 PM »

Sorry.  I don't want to turn off the green light.  I was more wondering if three of the IR LEDS were broken.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:15:25 AM »

;D
On the left the topmost of the cluster of four is lit but the bottom three are dark.  Is there a problem with my camera?

I read through the the DCS-7010L manual, and the manual does label the "IR LEDs" plural, pointing to the cluster of four on the left side.

would another DCS-7010L camera owner please validate how many IR LEDs are lit-up when Night Mode is active?

:-\  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

skinnyoldcoot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »

It looks like all of mine light up.

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 10:28:50 PM »

Now only three seem to be on.  I think something is broken.  I have emailed d-link and am awaiting a response (after the weekend).

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »

Still just three IR LEDs.  I get a really grainy picture, but the garage is really dark so that might be normal.  I don't know if more IR LEDs would improve things or not.  I went into the advanced settings and changed the 'IR Light Control' to highest (it was on medium).  The picture is a little better, but no more lights come on.  (I have also tried the lowest setting, in case it works the opposite way to how I would expect).

I called D-Link today but the woman on the phone didn't seem to know what I meant by IR LEDs and kept asking me to reboot the device to make the red lights turn green.

Anybody with one of these cameras that can take a look and tell me how many of their IR LEDs light up in the dark?

BeachDuc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

It looks like all of mine light up.
Sorry.  I didn't see your reply.  I will have to chase D-Link and see about a replacement.  Thanks